[asia-apec 838] (no title)

Minsoc bisans at pc.jaring.my
Thu Oct 29 17:08:37 JST 1998

Dear Friends,

Re: Issue Workshop : Community Enterprises For Sustainable Livelihood An
Option         For Fair Trade, Environment Conservation and People-centred
Development

1.  We are pleased to inform you that the above workshop will be held as
scheduled on the 11 and 12 November 1998 at the Grand Pacific Hotel, Jalan
Tun Ismail, Off Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur. Please see the Draft Programme
attached.

2.  We are limiting the participants to only forty people. We still have a
number of places available. We will be happy to consider new application on
a first come first basis. Attach herewith is the application form and the
Aide Memoire.

3.  We shall be able to meet all the organising costs, including
refreshments and lunch during the duration of the workshop.

4.  The Asia Pacific Peoples' Assembly (APPA) is schedule for 13th and 14th
November 1998  at the Federal Hotel, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur. To
participate in this event a registration fee of US $ 50.00 is levied to
support the APPA secretariat and defray the organising costs.

5.  We strongly urge you to participate in the above event. Please register
directly to:
	The APPA Secretariat 		( contact person : Ms. Cynthia Gabriel )
	57, Lorong Kurau, Lucky Gardens,
	59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
	Tel 	: 603 283 6245		Fax 	: 603 283 3536
	Email 	: appasec at tm.net.my

6.  If you find difficulty in paying the registration fee and meeting your
own cost to participate, please make an application to the APPA Secretariat
for a waiver for the registration fee. The APPA Secretariat is willing to
accommodate such requests within their capacity.

7.  In addition if you are unable to meet the cost of your lodging for the
13,14 and checking out on the 15 November 1998, please make an application
to us. We too are willing to consider support within our capacity.

8. Please kindly reconfirm your participation. Registration will be held at
the APPA opening ceremony which will be on the 10 Nov 1998. We will provide
you with more details later.

Thank you.

Best Wishes,

Bishan Singh
President SUSDEN

(Att: Ms. Kavitha)

c.c.	1. Ms. Cynthia Gabriel, APPA Secretariat
   	2. Ms. Sarojeni Rengam