[asia-apec 793] Pls use asia-hr-alert

Roberto Verzola rverzola at phil.gn.apc.org
Tue Oct 13 21:00:12 JST 1998

To all who want to circulate reports about police brutality and other
human rights violations:

I understand that you want to news about police brutality to go around
as widely as possible.

Please understand, however, that the asia-apec list is meant for
topics directly related to APEC. May I suggest that you subscribe to
and use the list asia-hr-alert for disseminating detailed reports of
human rights violations, like your story of policy brutality. This
list was set up precisely for the kind of reports you posted at
asia-apec.

We know that your story is very important and this reminder is not
meant to belittle your story or the issue behind it. We are only
trying to make sure that the different lists are used according to
their original purpose. You are welcome to put a brief notice on the
asia-apec list, if you want to call attention to detailed accounts of
human rights violations that you post at the asia-HR-alert list.

Thank you very much, and we wish you success in your struggles!

Obet Verzola