[asia-apec 403] Re: Meeting on the WTO in Spain - Detailed description

George J. Aditjondro aditjond at psychology.newcastle.edu.au
Sun Jul 13 12:47:09 JST 1997

Dear Rosa Ruano;

At the time of the next WTO meeting in Spain, I will be just 'next door' in
Oporto, teaching a summer course on Indonesia for Portuguese (speaking)
participants, and would be interested to attend the NGO meeting on WTO in
Spain.

I am interested in particular, with the combined European-American-Japanese
campaign against the special deal between South Korea's Kia Motors and
President Suharto's youngest son, Tommy Suharto, in promoting the so-called
Timor car in Indonesia. It is a US$ 1 billion tax break, or, should we say,
bribe, for the Suharto family, which I have been opposing against, since
last year.

I am contactable through the following email addresses in Oporto, and hope
to hear from you soon.

Prof. A. Barbedo de Magelhaes <barbedo at garfield.fe.up.pt>

and

Madalena Veiga <maddy at ufp.pt>

Since tomorrow morning I am already leaving for Oporto, please send your
reply to those addresses. Muchas gracias,

George J. Aditjondro