[sustran] Sustran-discuss is closed (but archives are still searchable)

Sujit Patwardhan patwardhan.sujit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 02:41:15 JST 2019

Dear Paul, Karl and friends,

I'm sorry to read that sustran-discuss is being closed down. Although it
has become clear that the forum has become inactive as members and
participants have moved to other more active modes of communication, it
makes me sad that a forum on which I came to know many others with similar
interests is going to 'shut shop'. I recall several intense discussions,
arguments and learnings from this forum and it's difficult to imagine it
will be soon part of history. Never-the-less it's also true that there's a
time to live and a time to retire and Sustran has perhaps reached the stage
where shutting it down is better than allowing it to wither away and die a
slow death.

I would, of course, like to thank Paul and his team for managing the list
for so many years but also thank many who have become friends and who have
taught me so much.

*Au revoir* Sustran, we will always remember you with fond memories.

--
Sujit

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:00 AM Paul Barter <
paulbarter at reinventingtransport.org> wrote:

> Dear sustran-discuss members
>
> Karl and I are sad to announce that we have closed the sustran-discuss
> listserv. After 14 September 2019, there will be no further emails from
> this list.
>
> For a time between 1997 and around 2010 this was perhaps the premier forum
> for discussion and sharing on urban transport issues in the Global South.
> However, It has fallen into disuse and it is best to let it go. The
> administrative effort to keep it going outweighs the benefits.
>
> Do note that the archives are an important resource and can still be
> searched via this custom search:
> https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=007267872540914395856:mborcwud2hn
>
> Sincerely and warm regards to all of you,
>
> Paul
>
> Paul Barter
> Research, policy analysis, writing, podcasting and training on urban
> transport and parking
> https://www.reinventingtransport.org/p/about-paul-barter.html

> (the 'Global South').

[image: ParisarLogo_Green_Sm.jpg]

*Parisar*

Sujit Patwardhan
patwardhan.sujit at gmail.com
sujit at parisar.org <sujitjp at gmail.com>
Yamuna, ICS Colony, Ganeshkhind Road, Pune 411 007, India
Cell: +91 98220 26627
Parisar: www.parisar.org