[sustran] Going Down? Newman and Kenworthy on Peak Car Use

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Jun 23 20:53:41 JST 2011

World Streets
             Make it yours

Going Down? Newman and Kenworthy on Peak Car Use

Posted on
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/newman-and-kenworth-on-peak-ca
r-use/> 23 June 2011 by
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/author/worldstreets/> Eric Britton,
editor|
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/newman-and-kenworth-on-peak-ca
r-use/#respond> Leave a comment |
<http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=6600&action=edit>
Edit
This is an important article. It  appears simultaneously in the Summer of
<http://worldstreets.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/cfd-ital12.jpg>
http://worldstreets.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/cfd-ital12.jpg?w=150&h=12520
11 edition of our sister publication, the
<http://www.eco-logica.co.uk/pdf/wtpp17.2.pdf> Journal of World Transport
Policy and Practice. With a view to ensuring its broadest international
readership we are posting it here with pleasure, and with permission of the
authors. We do this with particular interest on the grounds that their
central thesis — that is, our faster than one might have expected evolving
attitudes toward car ownership and use — is one that is central to the
preoccupations of World Streets and all our associated programs. Getting
control of car use overall, and more particularly in and around cities, is a
critical building block of the strategy needed to ensure sustainability and
social justice. the first step in this direction is to do what we can to
create a strong consensus and to give a strong voice to the community of all
those concerned with the move toward sustainable transport, sustainable
cities and sustainable lives.
Click  <http://wp.me/psKUY-1Is> here for today's feature article -
<http://wp.me/psKUY-1Is> http://wp.me/psKUY-1Is

   Eric Britton, Editor / Managing Director
   World Streets / New Mobility Partnerships
   8, rue Jospeh Bara   75006 Paris France
   Tel. +331 7550 3788   |  editor at newmobility.org   |  Skype: newmobility