[sustran] Seminars on Sustainable Development, Business & Society

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sun Jun 5 18:15:19 JST 2011

A Sustainable World
                    Make it yours

            Paris. Sunday, 05 June, 2011

Why I am launching this week a series of seminars and programs on the topic
of Sustainable Development, Business & Society:

Let me put it this way: one of the principal reasons, I observe, that we are
not making the needed large scale progress with sustainable transport, in
cities and beyond, is because most of us who are involved and trying to
advance the agenda and the actuality of the sector do not have a
sufficiently deep understanding of the fundamentals of sustainable
development. And with that the necessary complex interactions with business
and society that we really need to master if we are to shape policy and
practice in the sector. Hence this new program which is just getting
underway – Sustainable Development, Business & Society.

I invite you to check it out at http://sustainabiltyseminar.wordpress.com/,
and if it says anything to you at all to share your comments and suggestions
with me.

BTW, the first step in this process is the creation of an "invisible
college" that will be an wide open, tuition-free e-classroom on our topic.
With plenty of room for others to come in an refine and depend the
curriculum as we move ahead. (That's  another invitation)

The first actual university seminar in this series is being held here in
Paris at Institut Supérieur de Gestion for last term students of their MBA
program. More on that too at http://sustain.ecoplan.org.

I do not know of course what I can achieve with it, but at least I am giving
it a run.  Anybody out there want to pitch in?

Eric Britton

   Eric Britton, Editor / Managing Director
    <http://sustainabiltyseminar.wordpress.com/> Sustainable Development,
Business & Society |  <http://www.worldstreets.org/> World Streets  |
<http://www.newmobility.org/> New Mobility Partnerships
   8, rue Jospeh Bara   75006 Paris France