[sustran] Mile upon mile of emptiness

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sun Jul 24 00:04:42 JST 2011

Inventing the Interstate

Direct: http://wp.me/psKUY-1MI

Mile upon mile of emptiness

We do not normally "do" roads here in the pages of World Streets, our
primary focus, even fixation, being not on vehicles and highways but rather
on streets and people. But we would be foolish to forget that making full
and continuing full use of our peripheral vision is critical if we are ever
to understand context and to be able to see broader patterns. So from time
to time we do, usually with the help of others, have a look at the roads end
of our business.  [...]

http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=worldstreets.wordpress.com&blog=685354
0&post=6864&subd=worldstreets&ref=&email=1