[sustran] Re: Parking prices - more food for thought

Wagner Armin GTZ 7021 Armin.Wagner at gtz.de
Sat May 22 00:28:33 JST 2010

Dear Paul, dear all,
different context, different challenges and surely not always on the forefront of sustainability: Some figures from Europe. In 2008 we surveyed parking fees and bus fares in European capitals. Our graph depicts the highest on-street parking fee in the given city (per hour) and compares to a single bus fare. Looks ok for one ticket, but if you start to take the return trip in account...

(see attachment, data as of 2008, no data for the four cities on the right available)

Best regards
Armin

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

Armin Wagner

*****************************
Transport Policy Advisor
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH
(German Technical Cooperation)
Division 44 - Water, Energy, Transport
Transport and Mobility
P.O. Box 5180