[sustran] World Streets and the Global South

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue May 4 18:38:01 JST 2010

Dear Sustran friends ,

I am (as usual) trying to see what we can do from this end to generate more
attention to and eventually more relevant entries to enhance the broader
circulation of the ideas that appear in our wonderful Sustran Global South
forum.  Here are three small steps to which I would like to draw your
attention and invite your comments and suggestions.

1.     Direct World Streets link: First, we have just created on World
Streets, placed  in the upper left-hand column, a one click link which will
take the interested reader right into the Sustran home page,

2.     Latest from Sustran: Second, under the rubric "Latest from the
World's Streets" (a bit further down on the left hand column) our readers
will see the title of the latest posting to Sustran.

3.     World Streets on Facebook:  This may seem like a bit of a stretch,.
But after all it is 2010 and after all (again) we are losing and losing big
the war of sustainable transport, sustainable cities and sustainable lives.
But we have some important messages to get out, and here is where we really
have to make use of every tool out there which might be put to work for our
good cause. Hence in this case -- and why not? -- Facebook. So just
yesterday we set up our best first cut of a Facebook page for World Streets
(and the Global South of course), which you can now see, comment and use at
www.facebook.WorldStreets.org

Now let me be the first to indicate that I do not at all have a clear
picture of how this is going to work to further our interests here at
Sustran. But I would be a poor friend of sustainable development and social
justice if I did not at least give it my best shot.

Do we have anything we can work with here? Your views?

Eric Britton

Eric Britton <http://www.britton.newmobility.org/>  | WorldStreets.org
<http://www.worldstreets.org/>  | NewMobility.org
<http://www.newmobility.org/>  | Paris  | +331 7550 3788 | Skype: