[sustran] Re: Recent public transport costs studies?

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.eu
Thu Sep 17 11:38:14 JST 2009

Hi Paul,

We can assume that you are telling the inquisitor that this is the
wrong/just part of the question? ;-)

In other words what about vehicle acquisition costs, running costs,
energy supply, complementary infrastructure, increase in tax revenue
because of rise in property values (not that that is good thing) or
stimulated retail, decrease in emissions/road fatalities....

I wish I had some funny quote from a dead man or woman which would sum
this up in a nutshell...

- T

Paul Barter wrote:

> I have been asked off-list for some quick data. The question is "What
> are the comparative costs per km (or mile) of recent heavy rail, light
> rail, and BRT systems in Asia."
>
> Does anyone know where to turn for a quick answer, preferably with a
> table of
> projects giving data?
>
> I should know but have not been keeping track of this.
>
> Replies to the list are OK, since this is likely to be of general
> interest.
>
> Paul

> SUSTRAN-DISCUSS is a forum devoted to discussion of people-centred, equitable and sustainable transport with a focus on developing countries (the 'Global South').

Todd Edelman
Green Idea Factory

Urbanstr. 45
D-10967 Berlin
Germany

Skype: toddedelman
Mobile: ++49 0162 814 4081
Home/Office: ++49 030 7554 0001

edelman at greenidea.eu
www.greenidea.eu
www.facebook.com/toddedelman
www.flickr.com/photos/edelman

CAR is over. If you want it.

"Fort mit der Autostadt und was Neues hingebaut!"
- B. Brecht (with slight modification)