[sustran] Re: FW: India - Bosch Horn commercial

Sujit Patwardhan patwardhan.sujit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 02:02:05 JST 2009

Kanthi,

Can you please forward Email of the Advertising Agency and if possible their
postal address too?

Let's see if they continue to use the same belligerent tone if they are
hauled up by the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) for
"inappropriate" advertising.

--
Sujit

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Kanthi Kannan <kanthikannan at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all
>

> Greetings!!
>

> I have contacted the ad agency and here is what they have to say. Please do
> go through it and check whether it is acceptable.  I am personally
> satisfied
> and feel that there is no need to take this up at a different level. ( My
> feeling many of you might not share it).
>

> Regards
>
> Kanthi Kannan
>

> THOSE WHO WALK CANNOT DECIDE AND THOSE WHO DECIDE DO NOT WALK
>

>  "Horns are approved standard equipment in all auto products. All Bosch
> products comply with the highest environmental standards worldwide.
> Indiscriminate honking is not a practice Bosch encourages. Nor is it what
> the Bosch Horns TVC promotes. As much as it does not seek to promote
> pedestrian indiscipline.
>
> The commercial  reflects (and possibly exaggerates) what any driver would
> encounter on any given day in most busy city streets: a mob in a heated
> argument in the middle of a narrow road, blocking all traffic, without
> intending to do so. Clearly the mob before the young lady driver in the
> commercial do not pay her any heed and a continue to block the road and her
> path. The volatility of the situation in the commercial is what makes the
> young lady choose to stay in her car and not put herself at any personal
> risk. Her conspicuous, brightly colored car at a standstill, she waits,
> hoping they will notice her clear the road, giving her right of way. They
> don't. She looks helpless. As a last resort she blows her horn. It is
> certainly not a case of indiscriminate honking."

> sustran-discuss and get full membership rights.

> (the 'Global South').

“..each million we invest into urban motorways is an investment
to destroy the city“

Mayor Hans Joachim Vogel
Munich 1970

Sujit Patwardhan
patwardhan.sujit at gmail.com
sujitjp at gmail.com
Yamuna, ICS Colony, Ganeshkhind Road, Pune 411 007, India
Tel: +91 20 25537955
Cell: +91 98220 26627