[sustran] Expert Forum Traffic&Transport Information Systems 2009

Alena Morrison alena.morrison at iiid.net
Thu Mar 19 23:48:58 JST 2009

Dear Dir or Madam

The International Institute for Information Design (IIID) in Vienna
continues its highly successful Expert Forum Traffic & Transport
Information Systems into the 4th year.  Unsurpassed in its field, this
year's event - Scheduled & on-demand transport: Envisioning
information driven alliances - will re-define 'integrated transport'
and discuss traveller information as prominent key for a new era of
mobility.  The addressed re-definition shifts the focus from
"transport" to "mobility" which implies an analoguous focus-shift from
a provider's to a traveller's point of view.

The Expert Forum is geared to discuss market potentials, to promote
successful initiatives in user-centered mobility schemes and to
exemplify the key role of information to make people abandon
traditional travelling habits in exchange for sustainable alternatives
with a higher degree of freedom at reasonable or even lower costs.

Your interest and expertise in transport might lead you to consider
submitting a proposal in response to our Call for Speakers (first
deadline 10 May 2009), details are available here.   You will find
information on the event, our "Call for Speakers" and website link
posted below, which you are free to pass on to like-minded
colleagues.  Furthermore posting the information about the Expert
Forum and our Call for Speakers would allow us to reach those who can
make a valuable contribution.  Therefore, I would like to ask you to
announce Traffic&Transport 2009, and our call for speakers in the most
appropriate format available.

If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact
the Assistant Coordinator at IIID, Alena Morrison, who will be happy
to oblige.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Kind Regards,

Alena Morrison

Assistant Coordinator
International Institute for Information Design (IIID)
Palffygasse 27/17
1170 Wien/Vienna
Austria
T: +43 (0)1 403 66 62
alena.morrison at iiid.net

Call for Speakers
IIID Traffic&Transport 2009 / 4th IIID Expert Forum Traffic &
Transport Information Systems
The world's leading event in the field
10/11 September 2009, Tech Gate Vienna, Austria
Theme: "Scheduled & on-demand transport: Envisioning information
driven alliances"
Chair: Per Mollerup (Mollerup Designlab A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark /
Faculty of Design, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne,
Australia)
Organizer:
IIID International Institute for Information Design
in cooperation with:
BMVIT Austrian Federal Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology
OeBB Austrian Federal Railways
Deadline for proposals, phase 1: 10 May 2009
http://www.iiid-expertforum.net/