[sustran] Re: Only three days left to give your views

Morten Lange morten7an at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 19:46:29 JST 2009

Thanks for the link, Paul.

As to the democracy comment from Eric :

Democracy is a big and important word, in my mind. Like sustainable development. Something to strive for.

I think the poll would have more to do with democracy if the primary  arguments  would be easily available as links from the poll.  Also I think options like the following are missing :

* The main thing is to get more activity and input, especially  from the "Global South".
* More input from Asia is what I want. Excluding other inputs from the Global South is not what I want though
* Global North centric activity should be toned down
* I do not know / not sure

* Not interested

And perhaps polls like this one should cater for a first, second and third priority choice.
To illustrate with a U.S.A.  centric example (although I am not from the US) : Some persons would like to elect  Ralph Nader, and show their preference for him as president,  but in the (probable) event that he does not win, they would prefer to weigh in with the democrat candidate rather than the republican.

I know I am stretching it. But democracy is worth streching for.

Best Regards,
Morten