[sustran] [World/Streets] Subscribe to World/Streets today

The Editor editor at worldstreets.org
Wed Jun 3 18:13:30 JST 2009

[https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=fXUGG5BVQs7MROx3UeUw1pIXedvgDa4BQGjmJiJfKWQcfbSaI0mmGq-K5Ne&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f998ca054efbdf2c29878a435fe324eec2511727fbf3e9efc]
World/Streets today, the world's only sustainable transportation daily.
World/Streets is today, after three months of proving its worth edition
after edition, day after day to more than thirty thousand visitors
coming in regularly from more than forty countries on all continents,
is now reaching out to get active subscriber support so that we can
continue. The tough reality is that we will be unable to continue
publication unless we have your support.

The annual subscription has been set at 29 Euros ($39.00 if you prefer)
-- the same price as for a subscription to Vélib's great and otherwise
free share bike service. This strikes us as a good model, since like
Vélib once you have signed up the rest is free. First class sustainable
mobility for all. Help yourself, and help the world.

So please, if you can possibly afford it, get out your virtual check
book and click here to send us your 2009 subscription today. To pay by
credit card or PayPal, please click the Support icon immediately below.
(If you need help or additional payment instructions for bank transfers
or check, click here).

Subscribers will have full access to all sections of the site, and will
as well receive the monthly summary edition which will be available
only to them. You also for your money get a guided tour to Vélib,
Mobilien (BRT), "breathing streets", our "political tramway" and the
other remarkable highlights of the ongoing process of sustainable
transport innovation in Paris when your travels bring you here. Also,
we are here to answer your questions and review eventual problems or
projects with you by email or Skype.

And what happens if you cannot afford to subscribe?

We are well aware that a number of our readers, particularly those in
the poorer developing countries and unfunded local environment and
transport groups, cannot afford even such a small amount. To you we
have three messages of solidarity.

First, please do continue to come into World Streets and make use of
the hard work of all those who are pitching in here. We need you to
carry on with your work and contributions, and if we can help you in
this way, so much the better.

Second, we invite you to keep an eye on what is going on in your city
and country, and when appropriate let us know of projects, problems,
accomplishments, which will help us all to better understand the full
complexity of our shared task. One excellent way to do this, is to sign
in to the World Eyes on the Street network, for which full details are
available if you click here.

Finally, send us a simple email message telling us that you appreciate
and are making use of our work. And perhaps a few suggestions and
reactions for us to consider as we strike to do better. Also, if we
have a large number of these messages of support, this will help in our
search for longer term funding to support this work. After all, we have
to be sustainable too.

Thanks to those who have already pitched in:

Over this first three months we have received paid in subscriptions and
other support from about twenty of our international colleagues. This
is very heartwarming and while only a small part of what we need to be
able to continue publication, is extremely encouraging. So from the
bottom of my hear, thank you for showing your support and solidarity.

If you are interested to know about other forms of support needed
beyond simple subscription, I invite you to click here.

World/Streets. Tying the global and the local together five days a week
all year long.

Eric Britton
Editor, World/Streets

--
Posted By The Editor to World/Streets at 6/03/2009 11:11:00 AM