[sustran] Re: [SUSTRAN] Re: Tata Nano: Criminalizing Mobility orMobilizing Crime

Lee Schipper schipper at wri.org
Thu Jan 24 19:54:08 JST 2008

Todd put his finger on the problem. What is the balance? Whatever it is, adding more inexpensive cars long before the NURM and other local plans have really strengthened alternatives will only make whatever that balance is be even mroe elusve and move indian cities farther away-- the only question is how long we have to argue where the balance point is?

Lee Schipper
EMBARQ, the WRI Center for Sustainable Transport
www.embarq.wri.org
>From Oct 1, Visiting Scholar,
UC Transportation Center
UC Berkeley, CA