[sustran] Re: [carfree_network] Re: Re: 'Amsterdam most bicycle-friendly city'

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.eu
Mon Nov 19 22:21:05 JST 2007

jane. wrote:
> how was this list of the world's most bicycle-friendly cities when it
> included only two (three? i don't have the link at the moment)
> continents? certainly there are cities in asia (and other places) that
> are more bike-friendly?
Good question, Jane.

 From the original article
<http://www.nieuwsuitamsterdam.nl/English/2007/11/bicycle_friendly.htm>

there was a link to Virgin Vacations...

<http://www.virgin-vacations.com/site_vv/11-most-bike-friendly-cities.asp>

So we can assume that Virgin has airplanes, spaceships
<http://www.virgingalactic.com/flash.html>, etc to these cities. It is
being used to promote their products, and last time I checked there is a
nothing environmentally-friendly (at least) about flying somewhere in
order to ride your bike. But of course they also fly to Bogota and other
cities where bicycling has recently increased in quality and quantity in
a big way...

The Virgin winners were based on criteria from the League of American
Bicyclists <http://www.bicyclefriendlycommunity.org/>

Western bias? Perhaps...

- T

> */"Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory" <edelman at greenidea.eu>/* wrote:
>
>     Pascal van den Noort wrote:
>     > Have a look:
>     > http://velomondial.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html
>     > Will be continued.
>     >
>     > Pascal J.W. van den Noort
>     > Executive Director Velo Mondial
>     >
>     >
>     GO, Pascal! Amsterdam is also one of the few European capitals where
>     pet dogs go free on public transport (unless of course they take a
>     seat,
>     in which case a reduced fare must be paid....)
>
>     "Man's Best Friend": Dog
>     "Man's Favourite Invention": Bicycle
>
>     - T
>
>     --
>     --------------------------------------------
>
>     Todd Edelman
>     Director
>     Green Idea Factory
>
>     Korunní 72
>     CZ-10100 Praha 10
>     Czech Republic
>
>     Skype: toddedelman
>     ++420 605 915 970
>     ++420 222 517 832
>
>     edelman at greenidea.eu
>     http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/
>     www.flickr.com/photos/edelman
>
>     Green Idea Factory is a member of World Carfree Network
>     www.worldcarfree.net
>

>     [carfree_network] list guidelines and unsubscribe information are
>     found at http://www.worldcarfree.net/listservs/. Send messages for
>     the entire list to carfree_network at lists.riseup.net. Send replies
>     to individuals off-list.

> Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile.
> Try it now.
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51731/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/sports;_ylt=At9_qDKvtAbMuh1G1SQtBI7ntAcJ>

Todd Edelman
Director