[sustran] Short agenda and participation notes for 9 Feb. Skypecast

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Feb 9 00:36:36 JST 2007

Subject: Group review and commentary of New Mobility Agenda support
project for Clinton Climate Initiative
1.	Conference open to all comers, but please review this agenda and
background materials before taking active part.
*	Click here
<https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?message
=talk_updated&id_talk=351748>  for opening page of the Skypecast and
basic information.
*	Click here  <http://co2.newmobility.org> for consultation
document to which we are being invited to comment.
2.	When you are ready to speak, you are asked to do three things as
you come on the air so that we can ensure best use of time: (a) first,
introduce yourself by name, organization if any, city, and country. Also
(b) please assure us in a word that you have consulted this agenda and
the main program site.
*	Interventions will be limited to 3-5 minutes max, and we thank
you in advance for being concise.
*	On the other hand, you may wish to make a longer presentation to
the group. No problem, in that case all we ask you to do is get in touch
in advance and give us an idea of the topic or issues you wish to
address, and how much time you think you will need. If needed, we can
fine tune this together.
3.	In the second half of this session, we invite comments and
suggestions on the present Skypecast meeting, with a view to seeing if
we can refine its organization so as to make it into a more useful way
of getting together to exchange views, ideas and suggestions.
4.	The meeting is being moderated by Eric Britton. If you have any
questions or suggestions, you are invited to contact him with through
Skype (address: ericbritton) or email: eric.britton at newmobility.org.
5.	Finally, it would be kind if, once the meeting is over, you
might send an email or chat message to the moderator with your
reflections and suggestions for future sessions.
We very much appreciate your participation and hope you find this a good
way to grow your knowledge and contacts.
Eric Britton
P.S. Next week we will be looking at road pricing/congestion charging.
Next week we will be looking at road pricing/congestion charging. We are
looking at Friday at about the same time but are fully open to ideas for
another schedule -- bearing in mind that we want to bring in both Europe
and the Americas in that session. For some first background on our take
on this, please click here
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewMobilityCafe/msearch?query=%22congesti
on+charging%22&submit=Search&charset=UTF-8> . And here
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewMobilityCafe/msearch?query=%22road+pri
cing%22&submit=Search&charset=UTF-8> .
PPS. And on Monday the 12th, it is the first Global South session for
which the details are at
https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?id_talk=
377833. This one aims for early morning European time so as to permit
max participation to the east.