[sustran] Re: India: innovations in rickshaws (document)

Walter Hook whook at itdp.org
Wed Sep 6 01:35:57 JST 2006

In my opinion, CP Bhatnagar is not a respected authority on this subject.  I
have had the pleasure of observing several of the 'innovations' he has
developed, and in practice they were impossible to operationalize.  I don't
believe any the vehicles he has designed are currently operational, or if
there are a few their numbers are very small.   I would suggest that you
contact Shreya Gadepalli d_ziner2k at yahoo.co.in, who's modern cycle rickshaw
design has now spread to about 9 Indian cities, and been copied by
manufacturers throughout the country, selling some 200,000 vehicles to date.

Walter Hook