[sustran] Fw: [cai-asia] Updating vehicle fleet and fuel - related information

hfabian at adb.org hfabian at adb.org
Wed Mar 22 11:47:00 JST 2006

Dear all,

The CAI-Asia Secretariat was requested by ADB to coordinate its work on
developing a paper that contributes towards an overall investment framework
to serve as a guide to address energy efficiency and climate change in the
transport sector. This initiative forms part of the Group of Eight (G8)
Gleneagles’ Action Plan on Climate Change, Clean Energy and Sustainable
Development agreed in July 2005.

An initial draft of the paper will be presented in an IMF/WB meeting in
Washington in April.  We would like to request the assistance of the
CAI-Asia community in looking  for relevant and up-to-date information,
especially those related to vehicle and fuel related information. A Word
document, available at
<http://www.cleanairnet.org/caiasia/1412/article-70062.html>, specifies the
kind of tables that
we require for each of the non-OECD countries in Asia. In each table we
mention the sources that we are currently considering, and we would
appreciate it if you can send us any new or better references.

Please send your suggestions by 29 March 2006.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Best regards,

Bert

Herbert G. Fabian
Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities
Asian Development Bank, Manila
tel: + 63 2 632 4444 loc. 7666
fax: + 63 2 636 2381
e-mail: hfabian at adb.org
http://www.cleanairnet.org/caiasia---

You are currently subscribed to cai-asia as: hfabian at adb.org.  To view
archived messages, go to http://vx.worldbank.org/read/?forum=cai-asia.
Important note: This is a moderated listserv.

If you encounter problems, email Mike Co (mrco at adb.org).

Please do not email your complaints directly to the listserv.