[sustran] Subject: building a little open video library on Global South Mobility

Administrative User eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Jul 13 23:28:14 JST 2006

Dear Sustran Friends,

Might any of you be interested in having a look at this modest project in
process? It is called "Global South Mobility" and all you need to access it is a
broadband connection. It is free, and this is the way in which we introduce it
for now.

This "Global South Mobility" section of the New Mobility Agenda video collection
provides a collection of private views of both the problems (most of which based
on the results of the imported car-based, "old mobility" model from the North)
and the Global South's search for new and often original and surprising
solutions. And as with the other sub-sets here (including till now: Old
Mobility, New Mobility, and World Carshare) part of our challenge is not only to
seek striking examples of both problems and solutions, but also to lay the whole
thing out in a way that makes it easy to navigate, view and learn from. For now
this is begin organized as a collegial invitation-only activity during the
development or "thinking exercise" stage. Once we have something worthy in hand,
we can see what we will do next.

Related video library Groups:
* New Mobility Agenda - http://www.youtube.com/group/NewMobilityAgenda

* World Carshare Consortium - http://www.youtube.com/group/carsha re
* Old Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/oldmobility
* Global South Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/global south

It you would like to have a look and even better share with us your thoughts and
eventually some good videos showing both problems and solutions, well that would
be terrific. I very much hope that in time this is going to be useful to you.