[sustran] Getting around - Transportation Today

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Aug 15 17:46:21 JST 2006

A wonderful thought provoking graphic. (With kind thanks to Robert Moskowitz for
passing on.)

(If there is a single item here that captures the reality of our grotesque
inability to stay on top of the realities in this strange field, it is the
contrast between the number of rickshaws that are officially licensed in the
single city of Delhi, and the real number out there on the road. Yes, a good
part of the problem is that we insistently look at the wrong things and the
wrong numbers and simply fail by dint of old habits to miss the action.  Which
makes it kind of hard to do better, wouldn't you think?)

A better copy is at
http://www.princeton.edu/~ina/images/infographics/transportation_big.jpg