[sustran] Re: (fwd) [UTSG] transport strategy transfer

Jonathan E. D. Richmond richmond at alum.mit.edu
Thu Apr 29 03:16:54 JST 2004

Sure, I'd be happy to be involved with this! --Jonathan

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Brendan Finn wrote:

> Jonathon,
>
> I'd be interested to do a bit of information exchange on this one. I'm
> currently doing some work with the UPT sector in Russia and later this year
> in Kazakstan. While people in cities such as St. Petersburg generally have
> affordability, there are many Russian cities where things are extremely
> tight. Premium services have a market everywhere, but as we move down the
> food chain we start to hit the financial impossibility of the
> 'socially-affordable fare' in many places. The burden has to be carried
> somewhere - by the taxpayer, the operator, or by the user. In Russia, it has
> often been the public-sector operator who gets badly squeezed.
>
> Maybe a few people who are interested in this topic could take it off-line
> and exchange ideas. Your research might act as a useful focal point where a
> number of people working in the domain could document case studies and
> comparable data ?
>
> With best wishes,
>

> Brendan Finn.
> Contact details are : e-mail : etts at indigo.ie   tel : +353.87.2530286

-----

Jonathan E. D. Richmond                               02 524-5510 (office)
Visiting Fellow                               Intl.: 662 524-5510
Transportation Engineering program
School of Civil Engineering, Room N260B               02 524-8257 (home)
Asian Institute of Technology                 Intl.: 662 524-8257
PO Box 4
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120                        02 524-5509 (fax)
Thailand                                      Intl:  662 524-5509

e-mail: richmond at ait.ac.th               Secretary:  Ms. Nisarat Hansuksa
        richmond at alum.mit.edu		              02 524-6051
					      Intl:  662 524-6051
http://the-tech.mit.edu/~richmond/