[sustran] Re: BRT uptake and political will

Ze Lobo zelobo at olimpo.com.br
Fri Oct 24 00:17:58 JST 2003

Hi Mr. Walter,

This is Ze Lobo, I am also a member of the SUSTRANS discuss list, where I
can listen an learn about sustainable transportation.
I'm a bike consultor for the Bicycles Workgroup from the  Rio de Janeiro
Prefecture.
Our coordinator, Roberto Ainbinder, told me that ITDP, is openning an office
here in Rio.
I am also a director of a NGO that looks for an increment in the use of
sustainable tranportations.  Our goals are to promote and spread Human
Powered kinds of transportation, looking for a healthy city and citizens.
Educative Campaigns, Recycle a Bike, Maps, Manuals, Intermodality, that's
what we are looking for.
I am already reading the SUSTRANS book " Taking Steps " and it is been great
for me.
It will be a pleasure for me to make contact with the ITDP people.

I hope to hear about you soon.

Best Regards,
Ze Lobo.