[sustran] Re: Article in Guardian Newspaper

Debi Goenka debi at beag.net
Sat Mar 29 22:53:33 JST 2003

Hi Alan

Yes, that is the Skybus I was referring to. I understand that it is now
going to be built in Kochi (Cochin) and we should soon know how successful
it is.

There are some advantages over light rail though the costs may be comparable
(the Indian costs however for light rail seem to be about 40-60% higher).
The advantages are -

1. can follow road alignments
2. lower heights for commuters to access
3. no risks of derailment
4. the space on top of the tracks can be used as a pedestrian walkway/cycle
track/ etc.
5. no displacement of people

Anyway, if it works, it might take care of a lot of problems.

We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Is there any website on the Wuppertal monorail?

Cheers

Debi