[sustran] transport article solicitation

Brian.Williams at unchs.org Brian.Williams at unchs.org
Sun Aug 31 13:09:13 JST 2003

--- Begin Included Message ---

Dear Colleagues,

     The publication "Habitat Debate" is published four times
a year from the headquarters of the United Nations Centre for
Human Settlements (Habitat) based in Nairobi, Kenya.  Every
issue focuses on a particular development agenda item in
human settlements together with a comprehensive listing of
upcoming
events, other publications, etc., etc in that area.  For
those
of you involved in Habitat II preparations, you may have used
it quite extensively as it was and is probably the best
source
of information on UN activities in the area of human
settlements, broadly defined.  It's circulation numbers about
10,000 and is subscibed by a wide cross-section of
individuals
and development organizations including bi-lateral aid
organizations, multi-lateral development banks, local and
national authorities, NGO representatives, etc.

      For the first time ever, one of the upcoming issues of
"Habitat Debate" will be on transport.  As designated editor
for this issue, I am solicitng articles from all of you for
inclusion in it.  As "transport" is a rather broad subject, I
(and the editorial board) are requesting articles focusing
exclusively on transport and human settlements in developing
countries.  These articles are to be relatively short (1200
words or less) and hopefully accompanied by graphics,
photographs, etc.

     The deadline for submission is 30 April, 1998 and text
may conveniently be sent by electronic mail to the address
below for preliminary evaluation.  Should you have need of
any
further clarification, do not hesitate to contact me at any
time.

Regards,

--- End Included Message ---

Brian Williams, Human Settlements Officer
United Nations Centre for Human Settlements (HABITAT)
Research and Development Division
P.O. Box 30030, Nairobi, Kenya
TEL: (254 2) 623-916
FAX: (254 2) 624-265