[sustran] Re: Emissions from Trucks in New Delhi

TR Saranathan tr_saranathan at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 12:11:56 JST 2002

Dear Friends,
Ofcourse it is a good news at the outset. But it is only shifting the
solution from one State to other States at a higher cost.  All these trucks
will go via other states and the fuel will be wasted to that extent.
We should take this as only a first step in the long journey. The solution
lies in controlling the pollution at the source i.e the trucks using
eco-friendly fuel and that too in the whole country. Hence, it is necessary
to look into changes in the Engine and fuel.
Dr.T.R.Saranathan