[sustran] Emissions from Trucks in New Delhi

Eric Britton ecoplan.adsl at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 31 05:35:04 JST 2002

Chris Zegras kindly shares with us the news: "More than 65,000 trucks
and other goods vehicles will be barred from entering Delhi after the
Court order is enforced. "

Hmm.  Is this really good news?  Am I the only one around here who is a
priori suspicious of deus ex machina solutions?  Or is this just one
more example of egregious sub-optimization (the grand specialty of
transportation policy all too often, I am afraid).

Please someone explain to me what I am wrong (again).

Eric Britton

PS. Take a vacation and put your weight on what is without a doubt the
right side.  Pop into http://ngroups.com/stockholm and give your counsel
on the survey behind the Message to Johannesburg.  It will take three
minutes of your time, and we need you.  (And you just may need us).  ;-)