[sustran] Re: TDM in Perth, WA - 14% car-driver trip reduction

Iain Cameron cameron at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 19 09:49:55 JST 2002

The brief note on Perth's increase in non passenger car traffic appears to
be associated with a 'Travel Smart' program run by the State's Dept of
Transport and program results from an inner Perth suburb, South Perth. The
DoT's web site can be accessed through http://www.dot.wa.gov.au and its
'Travel Smart' site at http://www.travelsmart.transport.wa.gov.au.

I hope this may assist in tracking down this information, if not, I could
follow up at this end for you.

Many kind regards

At 06:19 PM 02/18/2002 +0400, you wrote:
>The latest issue (to reach me) of the UK transport magazine LTT has an
>item on the above - also quotes 17% increase in PT trips, 61% cycling,
>35% walking.
>
>Anyone interested in seeing it? I could scan it.
>
>I was particularly thinking of Todd Litman - not sure which list he's
>on.
>--
>Alan & Jacqui Howes, Dubai, UAE (Otherwise Perthshire, Scotland)
>alaninthegulf at yahoo.co.uk (Alan)        cybermog57 at yahoo.co.uk (Jacqui)
>http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/alanhowes/  [Needs Updating!]

Iain Cameron
Institute for Sustainability and Technology Policy
Murdoch University
Murdoch 6150
WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Home Address and Communication Details: