[sustran] Re: LPG and CNG

Dinesh Mohan dmohan at cbme.iitd.ernet.in
Fri Mar 10 20:49:12 JST 2000

Please see an analysis of CNG vs diesel at Fueling Heavy Duty
Trucks:Diesel or Natural Gas?   at Harvard Center for Risk Analysis,
Risk in Perspective, JANUARY 2000
Volume 8, Issue 1,
www.hsph.harvard.edu/-organizations/hcra/hcra.html

Choices are not as easy as we think.

It takes 20-30 minute to re fuel CNG. If you have 10,000 buses ....?

Gas cylinders add enormous dead weight to a bus, so they can carry fewer
passengers, so you need 10-15% more buses for the same number of
passengers in a situation where buses run packed and overloaded. More
buses, more road space, more accidents?

Binary options are ideal for copmuter chips not real life.

Dinesh Mohan

Duarte Rosa Filho wrote:

> Greetings from Brazil.
>
> The implications on the use of LPG are: less expensive operationg
> costs and
> environmentally cleaner, as a fuel originated from petroleum. Perhaps,
> the
> modifications needed to the existing bus engines will
> cost too much.
>
> There is a program of the government of Venezuela to forster
> its use all over the country.
>
> Here in Brazil, there are a lot of experiences with this kind of fuel,
> too.
>
> May be you will find some further information in one of the following
> sites:
> http://www.unb.br/ft/enc/sict/ - Transportation Information system of
> the
> Brazilian Tranportation Research Association
> http://www.antp.org.br/ - Brazilian Public Transportation Association
> http://www.geipot.gov.br/ - Brazilian Transportation Planning Agency
> http://www.fontur.gov.ve/ - Venezuelan Urban Transportation Foundation
>
> Cheers,
> Duarte

5th World Conference on Injury Control>> http://www.ciionline.org/fiwoco

If you have trouble sending mail to this server you may use
<trippdelhi at hotmail.com> temporarily.

Professor Dinesh Mohan
Coordinator, Transportation Research & Injury Prevention Programme,
Head, WHO Collaborating Centre, Room 808 Main Building
Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi 110016, India

Office: (91 11) 659 1147
FAX: (91 11) 685 8703 & 685 1169
E-mail: dmohan at cbme.iitd.ernet.in