Negative thoughts on metro in general

Paula Negron Poblete negronpp at MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Sat Mar 4 11:10:31 JST 2000

I agree with the fact that metro is not the only solution to transport
problems, but we have to consider one thing: for politicians, "big
infrastructure" brings "good critics" (or at least that's what they
think). Imagine the construction of a subway line: it implies a lot of
time and everyone in the city will be aware of it, a subway infrastructure
is "solid and permanent". On the other hand, if autorities decide to
implement othe solutions, maybe these won't be so spectacular as the
subway. I think the decision to implement a subway has more political
background.