[sustran] London road pricing project

ecoplan (paris) eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Aug 2 19:53:41 JST 2000

Dear Colleagues,

This proposed project represents an extremely important and most challenging
policy initiative which we view as being well worth following as it unfolds
in the months ahead. It touches on many issues of The Commons which stretch
well beyond considerations of access and transport efficiency per se. If the
sponsors manage to get it done, and get it done right, this is going to be
quite an accomplishment.

I propose therefore that we get together to build up a shared database and
e-resource which will be freely available to any and all. To get this going
we have set up a "Link Library" for these references in our @ccess on the
Web site at
http://www.egroups.com/links/access-forum/London_Road_Pricing__000965122402/
.  A handful of links and articles have been placed there today, but that is
mainly intended just to get this process underway.

In an attempt to make this as easy as possible, we have opened up the Links
section so that anyone can go in and add their links. When you do this,
kindly take a minute however to indicate carefully the topic, source and
date so that the others will be able to see if this is a source they may
wish to pursue.

We also invite comment and discussion under this heading in the main @ccess
forum, for which the direct mail address is access-forum at egroups.com .  You
will see the full set of messages on this topic in the Message Center at
http://www.egroups.com/messages/access-forum .

If you have any questions or further suggestions on this, please get in
touch.  We look forward to your materials, references and comments.

Regards,

Eric Britton

ecopl at n ___  technology, economy, society  ___
Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org     URL www.ecoplan.org
Day phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 80 96 78 79
24 hour Voicemail/Fax hotline: Europe +331 5301 2896
Voicemail/Fax hotline: North America +1 888 522 6419 (toll free)