[sustran] Re: Subway in Jakarta

Alan P Howes alanhowes at usaksa.com
Tue Nov 23 02:52:53 JST 1999

My often-stated-opinion (on misc.transport.urban-transit, when it was
a place for sensible debate) is that you need a stick _and_ a carrot.
Either on its own will not work.

--
Alan & Jacqui Howes, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Formerly Perthshire, Scotland)
alanhowes at usaksa.com
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/alanhowes/  [Needs Updating!]
PLEASE DO NOT SEND LARGE MESSAGES (>100kB) WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE

*** A debt-free start for a billion people in the world's poorest  ***
*** countries - Jubilee 2000, http://www.jubilee2000uk.org         ***