[sustran] Re: Appeal for help from disabled people in Bangkok

SUSTRAN Resource Centre sustran at po.jaring.my
Mon Jun 21 22:14:58 JST 1999

More from Bangkok.

Re: Bangkok Sky Train In Thailand

Dear Friends,
Thank you very much, indeed, for your comments toward accessibility issue
in Bangkok Sky Train which to be started on December 5, 1999.
It is now unavoidable for us, Thai citizens with disabilities, to gather
again on coming Monday June 21, 1999. We, 600 PWDs represent nationwide,
will join together at 05.00 AM , near government HQ on Monday 21st June and
move to Government HQ.
We will block a street toward the Government HQ to cause a traffic
disorder. Many radio programs will report traffic situation. Public will
learn what is happenning to PWDs' rights.
We demand the Prime Minister to meet us and express his determinative
opinion toward provision of accessible facilities in Bangkok Sky Train.
We'll not dissemble but stay as long as until we receive reliable answer
that lifts will be installed at main 5 stations within Dec 5, 1999 which is
the first day of its operation.
We're not sure what will happen. Maybe no answer from the government.
Maybe, we'll get faint from hot sun shine. Maybe, we'll hungry. Maybe,
we'll get sleepy.
But only what we'll say, we'll go back home unless we receive firm respond
from the authority.

What we need now is your supporting message. Please send to us just only
few words. We're not sure we 're strong enough to cope with this crisis.
Your words will em-moral us.

We're looking forward to your words very soon.

Thanks.

Regards

Topong Kulkhanchit
Access Officer, DPI-Thailand