[sustran] Data on Road infrastructure.

Mohsin J. Sarker t9802 at cc.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Wed Aug 11 12:24:32 JST 1999

Hi! everybody

Very much thanks to all who responsed to my request regarding road area
ratio. Recently I went through the book of Newman & Kenworthy, titled
"Cities and Automobile Dependence: A Source book", and I found data on road
network of several cities in the unit of length (km). In other sources also
I found the same data in length unit. My question in this regard is that
whether this data ignored the road width (e.g. lane number) or not. If road
width was not ignored, then how it was considered.

I have one more thing to request. Does any one know any reference, or  paper
for calculating demand of urban road infrastructure (road) and parking
spaces of a city. I am not saying about the demand of road and parking for a
certain small portion of city or for a certain activity location. I am
considering the whole city.

I will be very grateful if you please let me know about these matters.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Mohsin J. Sarker
Regional Planning
Utsunomiya University