[sustran] Re: Stop engine at the intersections

Car Busters carbusters at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 17 01:30:25 JST 1998

Dear Taiichi Inoue,
In Britain Bristol Cycling Campaign recently held a campaign to target
"idling engines". The group stuck thousands of stickers around Bristol,
mainly at all the traffic light intersections, telling motorists to switch
off their engines when stationary (they featured a picture of a car exhaust
pipe with a lsash through it). We are writing an article on this in the
next issue of "Car Busters"-magazine critiquing car culture and reporting
on the sustainable transport movement worldwide

CAR BUSTERS Magazine & Resource Centre
44 rue Burdeau, 69001 Lyon, France
tel.: +(33) 4 72 00 23 57; fax: +(33) 4 78 28 57 78
carbusters at wanadoo.fr