[sustran] Motorcyle Role in Urban Transport

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Oct 1 16:44:05 JST 1998

I am sure you know that fine piece by Madhav Govind Badami, which
appeared in this list some time ago last year and which you can
handily access in a slightly edited and commented version by going
to http://www.ecoplan.org , where you have to link to the Zero
Emissions I conference, and from thence to 'The Podium'  I don't
happen to have the exact address right here but failing that you
might try D:\ecoworld\zero-ems\z-think-mb.htm under the title Zero
Emissions Realities in a Diverse and Conflicted World: The Very
Ordinary Problem of Motorcycles in Cities

Eric Britton

And why I am at it: Hello John Whitelegg, why don't we consider
doing a special World Transport Policy and Practice number on
MOTORCYCLES IN CITIES. After all, if it's a fit subject for the
Yuppies and the sustainable white folk at the Guggenheim
(http://www.guggenheim.org/) why can't us poor folk have our own
show.  (And maybe even get BMW to pay for it!!!)

EcoPlan --  SUSTAINABILITY IS OUR BUSINESS  --

Le Frene, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara, F-75006 Paris, France
Tel.  +331 4326.1323 or +331 4441.6340
Fax  +331 4441.6341 or +331 4326.1323
ISDN/videoconferencing/groupwork: +331 4441.6340 (1-4)
ICQ # 7147909            Mobile: +33 607 37 77 98
Email: postmaster at ecoplan.org   URL: http://www.ecoplan.org