[sustran] Toward sustainable transportation: The Web/Transport interface

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sat Nov 21 21:35:51 JST 1998

Toward sustainable transportation: The Web/Transport interface

I would like to propose that anyone who might be interested here
could draw to our attention Web sites that might, eventually and
with some nudging and thoughtful use, actually help us to move
toward more sustainable transport systems.  Here is one to get us
going. (And it will also give you a chance to practice your
French.)

http://www.cybercable.tm.fr/bonjour/123paris/transport/trans.html

You may wish to note the breadth of coverage. Good as it is
though, we can note that there is not (yet!) a link to

* Taxis -- e.g., for Paris http://www.taxis-bleus.com/
* Strategic road information bulletins/warnings --
http://www.equipement.gouv.fr/bisonfute/circula.htm
* Or the real time road traffic monitor at
http://www.sytadin.tm.fr/home.html
* Or package delivery or courier services
* Or or

Still, you can see with these the whole direction in which this is
definitely heading.  Kind of interesting don't you think?

And if this begins to be interesting enough we could keep an
updated page on the best of them somewhere on our Web site...
especially if some of you urge us to do so.

Eric Britton

EcoPlan -- Technology, Economy, Society
Latest action on The Commons Web site at http://www.ecoplan.org
* The CarShare Consortium  * Le Transport Nouveau  * Children &
Sustainability
* Car Free Day Forum  * 21st Turtle Media  * Access Bilbao 2010

Le Frene, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara, F-75006 Paris, France
Videoconferencing/groupwork: +331 4441.6340 (1-4)