[sustran] The Costs of ETC Systems

Virginia SAPKOTA - imm_staff vsapkota at ecel.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 18 15:35:02 JST 1998

Hello Everyone!

I am a PhD student at the University of Western Australia undertaking a
research on the viability of congestion pricing and ETC systems as a demand
management tool in medium-sized, low-density city.  Currently, I am doing a
literature review on the cost components of the ETC systems, namely;
implementation cost, administrative cost, maintenance cost, and replacement
cost.  Also, the reason why a particular AVI/ETC technology is chosen.

I would be glad to hear from anyone who are presently operating ETC
systems, and from those who have undertaken pilot studies.  I would greatly
appreciate your kind assistance.  Also,  I would greatly appreciate if
anyone knows of any paper or publication that covers the above topic.

Thanking in anticipation of your kind assistance, and my apology for any
cross posting.

Yours sincerely

Virginia Sapkota
Associate Lecturer
Dept of Information Management  & Marketing
The University of Western Australia
NEDLANDS  WA  6907,  AUSTRALIA

Phone:  +61 8 9380 3803	      Fax:    +61 8 9380 1004
mailto:  vsapkota at ecel.uwa.edu.au
http://www.imm.ecel.uwa.edu.au/staffdx/vsapkota/vsapkota.htm