[asia-apec 1777] HK: Drop the Charges against GE protestors

Kevin Yuk-shing Li kevin.li at graduate.hku.hk
Tue Jun 19 00:05:41 JST 2001

From: Greenpeace China

Dear all,

As you may be aware, Greenpeace China conducted a peaceful, non-violent
protest against Nestle in Hong Kong for releasing food that contains
genetically modified ingredients on May 28, 2001.  Two Greenpeace volunteers,
Fung Ka Keung and Fung Kai Yuen, were arrested and charged with "willfully
obstructing" police officers in the due execution of their duties.

Greenpeace cannot, and will not, be deterred from protesting against
irresponsible companies.  We hope you will endorse our international appeal,
urging the Hong Kong SAR government to drop charges against the two
volunteers.

Please fill in the online petition letter at the following URL:
http://www.gpchina.org/ge/dropcharge_e.html

Greenpeace China