[asia-apec 178] Re: Asia Pacific NGO Human Rights Congress 1996

LBAUTIST at drew.edu LBAUTIST at drew.edu
Mon Oct 21 22:16:47 JST 1996

Congratulations for what appears to be a substantive consultation on human
rights in Asia. I wish I could attend. But please include me in your future
mailings. Previously, I served for aalmost ten years as the human rights
coordinator of the National Council of Churches in the Philippines and served
in the International Affairs Committee of the Christian Conference of Asia
based in Hongkong. Beginning November, I am assuming a new posts in New York:
Assistant General Secretary, United Nations Ministry, General Board of Church
and Society of The United Methodist Church. My new office address is: 777
United Nations Plaza, 8/F New York, NY 10017 USA.

In future, because of the nature of my job, I may have the chance to join
meetings like what you will have. Please send me documentation of your
consultation as I certainly look forward to reading it, as Asia Pacific
region remains to be my main focus in my academic research. (I am preparing
a dissertation on Human Rights and Human Dignity).

Thank you very much. And again, congratulations.

LIBERATO C. BAUTISTA