[sustran] Re: Survey on Key Messages for Transport and Climate Change

Morten Lange morten7an at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 05:41:40 JST 2017

Hi
Judging by the messages from    http://www.ppmc-transport.org/common-messages-2015/

one could think they have already made up their mind not to work for the necessarry paradigm shifts.

Simply put, off the top of my head the paradigm shift should focus on public transport, spatial planning, walking and cycling as the primary tools, along with polluter pays and positive social and financial incentives.After all a high and steadily growing portion of "people transport" happens in densely populated areas.
Perhaps people on this list could draft an alternative set of key messages. Form a coalition with the less car technology oriented groups and present it.
First I guess, have a look at messages on the subject from some of the potential members of the green, healthy, human-powered entities that have already sent their messages.
Help me add to the list :- ) * World Cycling Alliance / European Cyclists' Federation   :  * SLoCaT* ITDP* World Streets * International Charter for Walking

(And subtract when the list has grown)
 -- Regards Morten Lange