Peñalosa's transport plan 2016-2019 - was: [sustran] Bogotá's new mayor 2016-2019 has been elected one minute ago.

Carlosfelipe Pardo pardo at despacio.org
Mon Oct 26 20:07:56 JST 2015

Hi,

Ok, to be clearer, there are 11 points related to Peñalosa's "government
plan" for transport (the government plan is submitted as part of
candidacies and is expected to be developed in greater detail during the
first months of mandate, and it is mandatory to comply with what is said
there... but there is always leeway):

1- Bulding the first metro line: the city has developed detailed studies,
he says he'll review and build a better one (in interviews he talked about
elevated metro).

2- TransMilenio to be more comfortable, less crowded, faster and safer

3- SITP (all public transport) to improve its quality of service

4- 15% bicycle mode share by 2020

5- Pedestrians conditions improved

6- Reduce congestion

7- Creating a PPP agency

8- ALO highway (western corridor) and other highways

9- Coordination with the region (cundinamarca)

10- Taxi service improved

11- Citizen culture integrated into all policies

If you are really eager to read the whole thing, I guess you can google
translate here:
http://wsr.registraduria.gov.co/IMG/pdf/PROGRAMA_DE_GOBIERNO_Enrique_Penalosa.pdf

>From experience, the government plan is what gets them elected but will be
changed in various details in the following months and during the first
months at office. I wouldn't dig too deep yet, I would wait for his real
proposals when he begins office next january.

I am sure news outlets provide greater details in the coming days and will
be more precise than this above. I will anyway keep an eye out for
interesting news and send!

Best regards,

Carlos.

--
(antes de terminar, ¿ya sabe del Hackaton de Movilidad que vamos a hacer?
La info en

Carlosfelipe Pardo | Director Ejecutivo | despacio
pardo at despacio.org
Tel: (+571) 2484420  / Cel (+573) 21 343 3727
despacio.org