[sustran] Re: Parking Policy approved by Greater Bangalore City Corporation.

Sujit Patwardhan patwardhan.sujit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:25:50 JST 2014

Were you able to get hold of the  Policy Document?

It will be good to see what exactly it has ... because from what we
understand so far the policy is merely trying to increase road space by
discouraging/banning on street parking and trying to push the vehicles in
off street locations like multistory parking lots aven incentivising
off-street parking.

The need is to use parking hikes, parking  control parking ban to give
teeth to TDM. Unless this is done we will continue to suffer from "Personal
auto vehicle dominated" policy and the roads (now free from parked
vehicles) will become even more dangerous with faster moving vehicles.
There will be no dis-incentive to increasing use of personal auto vehicles
if supply of off street parking is encouraged.

--
Sujit

​
*Parisar*

Sujit Patwardhan
patwardhan.sujit at gmail.com
sujit at parisar.org <sujitjp at gmail.com>
Yamuna, ICS Colony, Ganeshkhind Road, Pune 411 007, India
Tel: +91 20 25537955
Cell: +91 98220 26627
Parisar: www.parisar.org