[sustran] Happy Gurpurab : Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Pedestrianisation

Asija, Navdeep navdeep.asija at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:52:46 JST 2014

"Satguru Nanak Pargateya Miti Dund Jag Chanan Hoya"

615 years back, one divine soul started his journeys in all four directions
as a ‘pedestrian’ to spread the message of love and peace. In the next 24
years he walked about 28000 kilometer to show a path of love, equality,
humanity and selfless service to the mankind. Historically seen, the one
who started his advocacy for ‘‪#‎pedestrian‬
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/pedestrian?source=feed_text>” as a
pedestrian he is the one whose teachings paved the way for “walking” as
constitutional right via “right to healthy life” and “right to practice
religion” in our constitution. Our all six fundamental rights are derived
from his basic teachings. The founder of “Sikhism”, made walking as an
Integral part of “Sikh Culture” and lesson entire mankind. Each gurudwara
has “Parikarma”. Unfortunately, our policy makes ignored such divine
directives in the fundamental planning of our infrastructure and results
are in front of us. In Punjab alone we kill almost plus 1000 pedestrian
every year. Even after over 600 years his teachings are as relevant today
as these were at that time. Surprisingly, we talked about it but stopped
adopting them in our lives.
Today on the anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's birth, let’s pledge to
“save pedestrian”. Pledge to give way to pedestrian first on the road and
that will be a true celebration of “Baba Nanak’s” birth anniversary.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Gurpurab !!

ਆਪ ਸਬ ਨੂੰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ ਗੁਰਪੁਰਬ ਦੀ ਲੱਖ ਲੱਖ ਵਧਾਈ

Regards,

Navdeep Asija

Road Safety & Sustainable Transport Consultant

<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154723856870577&set=a.290925640576.320817.708865576&type=1>