[sustran] Webinar: Public Transport and Non-motorised Transport Integration

Carlosfelipe Pardo carlosfpardo at gmail.com
Thu May 1 04:46:56 JST 2014

*The Sustainable Urban Transport Project Webinar Series*

*Dear colleagues,*

As part of the new SUTP webinar series, we cordially invite you to our 1st
webinar on May, 14. The webinar will focus on the integration of walking,
cycling and public transportation systems.

*Invitation to Webinar*

*“Public Transport and Non-motorised Transport Integration”*

*Wednesday, 14 May 2014,*

*07:00-08:30 Colombia Time (UTC-5)*

*14:00-15:30 Central European Summer Time (UTC+2)*

*19:00-20:30 Indochina Time (UTC+7)*

*Programme*

*In the course of the webinar we will discuss rationale, options and
physical and operational characteristics of integrating non-motorized
transport to public transport systems, using examples from BRT systems and
metro systems in the world. It will also present impacts of some of these
experiences and guidelines.*

*The webinar will be conducted by Carlosfelipe Pardo, Despacio.*

We also invite you to share your experiences by participating in the
discussion and/or by a short individual contribution on mobility
integration challenges in your city/region. If you would like to have a
5-minutes slot for this purpose, please inform Carlosfelipe Pardo in your
registration mail.

*Target audience*

The webinar addresses local decision-makers and planners, representatives
from all levels of government, and agencies interested in learning about
the development of sustainable urban mobility and/or sharing their
experiences.

*Registration and technical requirements*

*To register for the webinar, please send a short e-mail to Carlosfelipe
Pardo at**pardo at despacio.org <pardo at despacio.org>.*

Please ensure that you have operating speakers and that your computer
complies with the GoTo Meeting system requirements. (
http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/help_files/G2M010003?title=System+Requirements
).

The webinar Client will install automatically when joining the session. If
this is your first time on a GoTo meeting webinar, please note that logging
in to the meeting will require installing a plugin for your browser, so we
suggest to log in some 15 minutes before the beginning of the webinar.

The detailed information to log in to the meeting will be sent to you a few
days before the webinar.

*Relevant websites and further information:*

·         For more information on the Sustainable Urban Transport Project,
please check our knowledge platformwww.sutp.org and the capacity-building
platform www.capsut.org. We are working on behalf of the Federal Ministry
for Economic Cooperation and Development

·         To stay informed on our world-wide activities in the field of
transport & mobility, including information on new publications and
webinars, register for our newsletter at
http://www.giz.de/en/mediacenter/117.html by choosing the “Transport and
Mobility” Newsletter in the category “Thematic Newsletters”.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Yours sincerely,

Mathias Merforth, Transport and Mobility Advisor, Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH

Carlosfelipe Pardo, Executive Director, Despacio and GIZ Consultant