[sustran] NAACH-GAANA : Fourth Raahgiri initiative held at Dwarka in Delhi

Vinay Baindur yanivbin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:31:42 JST 2014

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/events/delhi/Fourth-Raahgiri-initiative-held-at-Dwarka-in-Delhi/articleshow/45667832.cms

Fourth Raahgiri initiative held at Dwarka in Delhi
Anjani Monga
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/toireporter/author-Anjani-Monga.cms>,
TNN | Dec 29, 2014, 12.00AM IST

[image: Jugaadu Bike Stunts]
Jugaadu Bike Stunts

*NAACH-GAANA: Almost zero visibility and the cold weather didn't stop
Dilliwallahs from coming for Dwarka's fourth Raahgiri. An initiative by DDA
and Delhi Police along with Embarq, and supported by The Times of India,
high energy dominated the area with Raahgirs breaking into impromptu dance
performances. The music at the TOI stage made the crowd dance and sing, and
all hands were up in the air as Raahgirs followed the steps and rhythm of
Versatile Dance Academy, A Square Dance Academy and Natraj Sangeet
Mahavidyalay. *

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME: Cycling, skating, badminton and football games
continued despite the fact that Raahgirs couldn't see much. When Abhishek,
who was playing badminton, missed another shot, he said, "I can't see the
shuttle because of the fog, but I'm still enjoying myself!" Using the
banner as a net, young Raahgirs enjoyed a game of volleyball, while many
others queued up to rent a cycle.

A first time Raahgir from Janakpuri, Nidhi Jain, said, "I brought my
children to Raagiri as this is an ideal and healthy way to spend Sunday
mornings. We reached at 7am and I'm having fun, despite the fog." Another
first-timer, Aditya, from Mumbai, added, "I had heard a lot about Raahgiri
and wanted to see it once. Despite the fact that it's four degrees, the
energy here is amazing!