[sustran] A message from Bob O'Keefe the Chair of the Clean Air Asia Board

Clean Air Asia Center center at cleanairasia.org
Fri Sep 27 17:47:05 JST 2013

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

On behalf of the Clean Air Asia Board of Trustees, I am pleased to inform
you that following a rigorous and comprehensive international search by the
Board, aided by the search firm Quest on the Frontier, Bjarne Pedersen has
been selected to lead Clean Air Asia as its new Executive Director starting
November 11, 2013.

Bjarne most recently served in Kuala Lumpur as Global Director at Consumers
International, a leading international consumer advocacy organization and
brings well over a decade of experience in senior management to the
position. Bjarne has broad international experience, including in
environmental issues and sustainable development, and a proven track record
of achieving meaningful impact through strategic leadership, resource
mobilization and team building at all levels.

He has a strong affinity for the mission and potential of Clean Air Asia …
and a pragmatic understanding of the challenges that achieving this mission
will bring. These skills and personal values make him well suited as the
next leader for Clean Air Asia.

A challenging set of selection criteria was identified for the Executive
Director position, including demonstrated success in: leadership;
management; fundraising; strategic vision; experience and education and
cultural sensitivity. I am happy to report that Bjarne has met or exceeded
the expectations of the Board in these and other categories and is a smart,
engaging and enjoyable person as well. He brings well over a decade of
accomplishment at Consumers International, including hands on
implementation of development and capacity building and advocacy for member
organizations in 115 countries across the world. As Global Director, he led
staff in offices across four continents including directors in Africa,
Latin America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. He is a highly successful
fundraiser who brings a current familiarity with many of the donor
organizations and individuals who will be key to future support for Clean
Air Asia.

The air quality, health, and climate challenges in Asia are substantial, as
are opportunities for Clean Air Asia to engage with government, industry
and other stakeholders to develop strategies to mitigate them.  As Clean
Air Asia sets its priorities under new leadership, we welcome you to share
your thoughts on how Clean Air Asia can best achieve these goals and remain
responsive to your needs as partner and/or member. I encourage you to
contact us directly through our acting Executive Director Glynda Bathan  (
glynda.bathan at cleanairasia.org) who will share your responses with the
Clean Air Asia team and of course with  Bjarne when his service begins.

You more than most understand the toll that air pollution and greenhouse
gasses are taking on the people of Asia and the global environment. I am
confident that Clean Air Asia, revitalized with new leadership, can be an
instrumental force that can work effectively with each of you to jointly
meet these challenges.

As always, thanks to the many sponsors and supporters of Clean Air Asia who
make our work possible.

Sincerely,

Bob O’Keefe
Chair, Clean Air Asia Board

 For more information about Bjarne Pedersen, visit
http://cleanairinitiative.org/portal/executivedirector

For more information about Clean Air Asia, visit www.cleanairasia.org,
www.facebook.com/cleanairasia and twitter: @cleanairasia
*
*--Apologies for cross posting.--*

Clean Air Asia **
*
*Unit 3505 Robinsons Equitable Tower, ADB Avenue, Pasig City 1605
PHILIPPINES*
Tel +632 631 1390 l Fax +632 631 0897 *l *center at cleanairasia.org
*www.cleanairasia.org <http://www.cleanairinitiative.org/> l w
ww.facebook.com/cleanairasia **l twitter: @cleanairasia*