[sustran] Re: Is TDM avoid or shift?

Michael Replogle michael.replogle at itdp.org
Wed Oct 30 11:55:56 JST 2013

TDM encompasses both avoid and shift strategies. It is a suite of measures that affect temporal or spatial expressions of travel behavior. It most often focuses on personal mobility but can also encompass measures that affect decision-making about goods movement.

Michael Replogle
Managing Director for Policy & Founder
Institute for Transportation & Development Policy
1210 18th Street NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036 USA
+1.202.552.3212 office
+1.301.529.0351 mobile