[sustran] Re: Is TDM avoid or shift?

Ashok Datar datar.ashok at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 01:04:16 JST 2013

dear todd, cornie and carlos and others
all the balancing of various TDM are good and necessary. but parking
restrictions and pricing is perhaps the first tdm which is location and a
user specific.
if we make parking difficult , resricted and apprpriately priced based on
demand and supply balance, this will get a larger no of people out of cars
and resort to either sharing, bussing or walking and bicing
u can achieve desired results
it is unpleasant but clear to understand
so it should not be excluded. rather it should be at the top of hierarchy
and when we free the road space, it provides space and extra passengers to
buses . and buses become more efficient as they carry more people for more
people distributing fixed cost over larger no of pass miles providing
substantial economies
ashok datar

--
Ashok R. Datar
Mumbai Environmental Social Network (MESN) &