[sustran] Re: Is TDM avoid or shift?

Sunny ICLEI sunny.iclei at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 00:06:54 JST 2013

My understanding of TDM is not one single tool or strategy. It is a collection of tools there are tools that support the Avoid idea and some that support the SHIFT idea.

I am sure if Todd Litman is reading this he will shed more light on this. He is the creator of the wonderful TDM toolkit http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/

Quoting Todd

“ Transportation Demand Management (TDM, also called Mobility Management) is a general term for strategies that result in more efficient use of transportation resources”

hope this helps
cheers
sunny